Artist and adventurer J.V. Holbrook has traversed and recorded the natural history of an uncharted planet. Thunder Hunters is the unique, culminated cross section of his sketches, journal entries, sequential stories, and portraits of inhabitants and the expansive Vermillion Sands region. It showcases his attention to detail and love of his newly explored alien domain, revealing a never before seen world of myth, culture, landscape and wildlife.
Newly collected in an exclusive oversized hardcover by writer/artist Mark A. Nelson. Plus a rare chance to own the original art!
"Mark makes the most beautiful and original creatures in the world, no matter how odd or ugly they might be. His work never ceases to amaze and enthrall."
- GEOF DARROW
supported of $6,000
PDF format, 104 pages
104 pages, 8.5 x 11"
Retailer Bundle - ALL COPIES SIGNED
3 copies at 52% off retail pricing. All copies signed by Mark A. Nelson. In order to qualify for thi...
If you'd like add a little something extra. You can increase in increments of $1 by pressing '+' in...
Buy Mark a bottle of ink :) Thanks!
0 / 1
Cover original art
Own the original 11 x 17" cover inks drawn by Mark A. Nelson!
0 / 1
Alternate Cover original art
Own the original 11 x 17" alternate cover inks drawn by Mark A. Nelson!
0 / 1
Card Drawing 4
2.5 x 3.5", ink/marker/pencil art by Mark
0 / 1
Card Drawing 5
2.5 x 3.5", ink/marker/pencil art by Mark
0 / 1
Cowpoke original art
Own the original 6 x 9" pencil art featured in the sketchbook collection. One of a kind!
Here's a closer look at all of the original art by Mark A. Nelson that's available for purchase in the ADD-ONS section above:
Mark A. Nelson is a comic industry veteran who has also held various Professor and Art Director positions throughout his career. He has tackled work for just about every publisher in the industry. He is perhaps best known for his work on Aliens and Godzilla, and had influential stints on Action Comics, Green Lantern and more, including:
- Fantasy World-Building, Dover Publications Author and Illustrator of book on world creating
- Innsmouth: The Lost Drawings of Mannish Sycovia, Alaxis Press authored with Stephen Smith, illustrated by M. A. Nelson
- AAA Video Games at Raven Software: Quake 4, Soldier of Fortune II, Jedi Knight II, Star Trek Elite Force, and Heretic 2
- Blood and Shadows, 4 issue mini series. Co-created with Joe R. Lansdale. DC Comics
- Feud, a four issue creator owned mini-series commissioned by Epic Comics (Marvel)
- Nightbreed and Hellraiser: various stories and comics for Marvel
- Aliens #1-6, 24 pages of artwork, pencils and inks by M. A. Nelson; story by Mark Verheiden. Dark Horse Comics
- Legends of the Mouseguard, Archaia Studios Press. Mouseguard Universe - short story written and drawn by M. A. Nelson
- Various projects for: DC Comics, Dark Horse Comics, Marvel Comics, First Comics, Eclipse Comics, Now Comics, Kitchen Sink, Graphic Classics and Just Imagine Comics
- Spectrum, The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art
- Aphrodisia, the Art of the Female Form (#1 won Gold Fine Art Award)
- Covers and interior art for Dungeon and Dragon Magazine
- Covers for books and interior art with Cemetery Dance Publications and Subterranean Press (Authors: Ray Bradbury, Joe R. Lansdale, Tad Williams, and more)
- Wizards of the Coast, World of Warcraft, Three Rings Publications game cards
- TSR and Wizards of the Coast game module, monster and creature design, and book interior art
- From Pencils to Inks and Visual Dialogues books on my artwork and monthly articles on drawing comics
- Various solo and group exhibitions of my artwork
As of the beginning of the campaign, the pages have all been laid out and the finishing touches of the book design are being added. The book should be ready for print right after the campaign is over and orders have been counted.
We anticipate a late summer '23 fulfillment after a successful campaign, and Zoop will provide updates and communicate any delays that may pop up.
Yes! We encourage you to get more than 1 item! That could be multiple copies of the same reward, or you can mix and match rewards! There is no limit, unless otherwise stated in the reward description.
Our campaigns are for a worldwide audience unless stated otherwise in the campaign. All international orders are sold with the terms DAP (Delivered At Place). You are responsible for any duties and taxes required for the shipment's entry into your country. Our carriers may require you to pay taxes and fees related to importation and customs brokerage of your shipment -- but if your item is really low in value, it may fall under the customs de minimis of most countries. For more information, please contact USPS
Zoop does not store or keep your credit card info. Stripe simply holds the credit card info until the end of a successful campaign and then charges it. It is strictly for this one time use and won't charge it ever again.
You can either access the transaction through your account and click the cancel button, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll cancel it for you and send back a confirmation email.
Cancellations of rewards or add-ons of $500 or more must be made before there are 72 hours left in the campaign. The reason for this is it can have a negative effect on the tally of the campaign. If it is a limited reward or add-on, there may not be sufficient time for someone else to purchase it, leaving the campaign possibly not funded. We ask for your courtesy of the people running the campaign when making these decisions.
Please use the notes section in the last checkout step or you could e-mail us at email@example.com with that info during the campaign if you'd like to get it out of the way. Otherwise, we'll be reaching out to all supporters of rewards that require feedback shortly after the campaign is over.
If you want to make changes, you should first cancel your original order and then start over with a new one. If you don't do that and simply process an additional order, the way our system is currently set up you may end up being overcharged for shipping -- which we could remedy for you, but it just takes that extra step of catching it and crediting you back the extra shipping, so please try the prior way first.
Rewards are the priority items that the creators have chosen for the campaign. Add-Ons are meant to be secondary items that are 'unlocked' after you buy something from the Reward level. There are no restrictions on buying Rewards, but you can only buy Add-Ons if you've bought a Reward. Zoop sets this up under the direction of the creators. Some may choose to only have Rewards, some may choose an even balance of Rewards and Add-Ons, and others may choose to only have one or two Rewards with the rest of the items being Add-Ons.
Since we have an a la carte rewards system, shipping rates will vary from supporter to supporter. We use a weight-based calculation system in your checkout cart, though, so, after you enter your country, you'll be able to see it calculated in real time with each item you add.
No - this is it! We're essentially your in-campaign pledge manager. If you are interested in supporting these creators, this is the time to do it! And it's the exact reason we allow you to purchase as many rewards as you want during the campaign!